The Jack of Spades (JS) is a skillful, clever young man. In some of the older cartomancy meanings he represents an unsettled, erratic, emotionally inconsistent young man; or simply the thoughts of the Queen or King of Spades. Although Jacks can represent young people of either sex, the Jack of Spades is most often read as a young male.
In coloring, the Suit of Spades is considered the darkest of the deck, and represents people with dark brown to black hair, and dark brown eyes.
Traditional meanings associated with the Jack of Spades:
- A dark-haired, dark-complected youth
- A youth from a foreign country
- A youth in uniform; soldier or cadet
- Skillful, clever youth
- An intellectual youth; math whiz
- Young leader; knows how to take charge
- A youth in trouble
- A gang leader
- Juvenile delinquent; the bad kid at school
- Cold and calculating youth
- Gossiping, spying youth
- Inconsistent, erratic, emotionally immature youth
- Emotionally controlled and detached
Some combinations with the JS:
JH/JS: The querent’s son or brother or boyfriend is in the military or is a rookie police officer.
Quarrel or court case pending (especially with 5D)
Boys night out
Boys school, boy scouts, organization consisting of all young men
Modern Meanings for the Jack of Spades:
In modern Cartomancy, the Jack of Spades can represent watching and surveillance, in all of its many forms. This is based on the card’s traditional meaning as The Spiteful Spy.
JS + 8D = watching something or someone carefully
JS + 8D +6C = watching TV
JS + 8S = a private investigator
JS + 10S = a stalker
JS + 8C = a security officer
JS + AH = a home security/surveillance system
AC + JS + 8S = the FBI
AC + JS + 10S = the CIA