Translate

Monday, January 12, 2015

More Practice with the Court Cards - Holiday Cold

I woke on Sunday morning with a pounding headache, which is odd because I’m one of those rare people who can count on one hand the number of headaches I’ve had in my lifetime. I think the last headache I remember was from December of 1996, which was also the last time I had the flu. So I decided that I must be getting sick.

I’m also one of those people who hates surprises, so I drew a few cards for some insight into why I woke up feeling like I polished off a jug of cheap wine the previous night-- in truth, I can’t even remember the last time I had a hangover…..



QS + JH + KS + QC + AH

I thought it was an interesting combination of cards. Usually when the court cards fall in a cluster, they have an important message to share. In health readings, they will often indicate a contagious ailment that is passed from one person to another. The spades represent sickness, worry and discomfort.  The Ace of Hearts is ‘home and hearth,’ and suggests an illness that’s being passed from family member to family member in a household. This makes sense since I know a few of my family members have been down with a nasty cold.

The card of the heart suit ending the row is good news, though. It shows improvement, and assures me that I’m not suffering from anything too serious. But the Ace is ‘small potatoes,’ and usually indicates a slow recovery. This was looking more and more to me like the flu.

The Jack of Hearts is ‘lover boy.’ He represents feelings and emotions. He’s hemmed in by spades (sickness) on either side, and they’re the ‘big gun’ spades court cards. It looked like I was going to be pretty sick, and feeling miserable. The Queen of Clubs is ‘strength, stability and practical progress.’ The sickness will run its course, and I’ll get better eventually.

The Queen of Clubs and Ace of Hearts also suggested to me that I needed to be practical—stay home (AH) and take care of myself, rest in bed, drink plenty of fluids, keep the fever down, and see a doctor if I notice anything out of the ordinary.

Feedback:

Thankfully it was not the flu, but it was a nasty head cold that settled into my chest. Heeding the warning in the cards, I ended up at urgent care to get checked out, and was prescribed antibiotics for the bronchitis. I can be a bit of an alarmist when I’m sick, but I’m feeling better already!

8 comments:

  1. Hi David thank you very much for your spread! I'm glad that you are better already , me too in this time I'm sick, but my big problem are the teeths :(
    Marika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this reading. I definitely got a sense that the Spade cards were not interested in finding solutions to the situation but offering hopelessness as an alternative ahead while the Heart and Club staring right back at you was being proactive in offering support, guidance and solutions. Glad it turned out well. Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this reading, Kaph! Hope you are by now feeling better and ... well... men in general are dramatic when sick ... ;-) Wish you a quick recovery! And thanks again for another view on Court Cards!!! Fernanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kapherus, Thanks so much for sharing this even though you weren't feeling so good! I didn't know the interpretation around a cluster of court cards, so I learned something new (as usual, from your blogs). I hope you and your family will feel much better very quickly! Happy New Year to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Yuri. I'm glad to know that the post is helpful. Happy New year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Andrew. I use to dread having to deal with clusters of face cards in a reading, but now I find them to be a fun challenge because the suits say so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that you've not been well with your teeth. I'm feeling much better, and I hope you are feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Fernanda. Yes, I'm feeling much better. :)

    ReplyDelete